Monday, May 23, 2011

Beauty in a Strange Place

Take a look at the picture accompanying this piece. What do you see? Several beautiful colours? At a glance, could you tell what this is and how the colours were formed?

Last week, it was raining as usual and stepping out of the car, I saw these beautiful colours forming, with the flow of water, across that part of the lot. It looked like a work of art and in some perverse way, it was. Of course I had to snap it with my phone.

What caused this beautiful creation? Oil; it was an oil sheen created by a thin layer of oil floating on top of the water and spreading across the lot by the rain. This image does not capture the full beauty of the colours; blue, green, gold, lilac, pink, purple and the shifting shapes as it flowed.

On a wet, dreary day when I just wanted to hurriedly complete my errand and return home, I found beauty in a strange place, oil sheen in the parking lot of a huge wholesale warehouse. 

Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment