Monday, April 15, 2013

Dressed Alike

"Sisters"
We had stopped at a favourite restaurant, Fisherman’s Pub in Speightstown, Barbados for a bite. About to head to our tables, I heard someone say, “I had to come over and say hi to my sister.”  Looking around, I came face to face with a woman dressed exactly like me, down to the style of our sandals.

We know showing up at the same event and meeting a mirror image is something women dread but who could feel horrible on a beautiful vacation day, in a restaurant on the beach with family and friends, looking forward to enjoying lunch? 

My “sister” and I introduced ourselves and realized we were on vacation from the same country and lived in neighbouring cities. We found the hilarity in our situation and had a good laugh, captured by one of my daughters (I am on the left).

The next night, family and friends met in Oistins for the fish fry, dancing under the stars and karaoke. Who should we run into but my “sister” from the previous day but this night, we were not dressed like twin daughters of a doting mother.

Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment