Saturday, June 29, 2013

She Did What?

Going through the checkout line in a supermarket is usually quite unremarkable. There is the occasional hitch if an item scans at a higher price that we thought it was or we have to identify a strange looking vegetable for a cashier so she can determine the correct code. They scan; we pay and off we go.

I have seen cashiers lick their fingers to make sure they were giving the customer correct change, that no bills were stuck together. A nasty habit indeed but today, I saw a cashier do what I thought I would never see a cashier do, she spat into a box at her feet. That action was so unexpected and disgusting, I automatically recoiled and my visitor, who was purchasing the items already on the conveyor belt, looked at me as if to ask if he had really just seen what he thought he had seen.

We wondered if she was so comfortable spitting in front of a line of customers, what the heck would she do when no one was around? Upon returning home, I decided to call the store to let them know what I had observed. They asked me for her name. Well guess what? In wanting to get the heck out of that store, I never looked for a name tag neither did I ask for the spitter for name. What I do know is that although I like to shop at that store for its fresh fish and exotic fruit, I can honestly say, today was my last day shopping there.

Will keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment