Friday, January 11, 2013

It Never Fails

Every year, without fail, a Christmas item gets left behind.

Let me explain. Over the years, I've learnt not to seal and store the boxes and bags of Christmas decorations  for a few days after banishing Christmas for another year. I do this for one simple reason; as soon as I seal and store the containers, a Christmas decoration appears, like magic.

Pillows & Placemat
It does not matter how much time I spend checking the pictures on the walls to ensure all picks tucked behind their frames have been picked, making sure the front door wreath is accounted for (an easy one to forget unless you leave the house) and moving furniture to look for balls the cats have been batting about; no matter how much checking I do, as soon as I seal the boxes and put everything in storage and continue about my business, I will find an item. It never fails.

Having spent most of the past week working on my business (uploading new product pics and working on a campaign), the boxes were out longer that usual and today, I finally stored Christmas and you guessed it, I found not one but three items. Two throw pillows and a placemat, set aside together so I won't miss them, were missed and they were in plain sight.

Oh well, into a closet they go until we uncrate Christmas in eleven months.

Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment