Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Timing is Everything

Early this morning, I was out for a walk.

As I was walking towards an intersection, the light was red in my direction. Opposite was a car waiting for the light to change. Maybe the driver was running late or losing patience (these lights are not known for changing quickly) and decided to turn onto the street to the right, made a U-turn on the green and head off.

To my consternation, a police car came into view heading in the same direction. I found myself saying, "Please, please don't pull over that driver."

When I reached the intersection and looked to my right, oh yeah, the flashers were on and that poor driver, who probably was trying to save time, was now spending many more minutes either being warned or given a ticket.

Maybe that driver sits patiently at the traffic light every morning waiting for it to change and today decided to take a chance. During my walks, I rarely see police cruisers in my neighbourhood but this morning, there was one and at the right time to catch someone making a quick U-turn (with no other traffic in sight). Timing is everything.

Will keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment